Daily Bible Verse

June 14, 2007

Rod-Man Report

Hi Folks,
I know it has been a while since I last posted. To make a long story short I have had computer problems, plus I have had some back problems from the big ray I caught up at Cape Lookout. It was a mean fish. (To my email subscribers, server requirements are limiting me to less than 1000 emails a day. I have many more of you than that on my list. Going forward I will be sending half of you reports on Wednesdays and half on Thursdays. Hopefully this will work for all.) But we have been back in action strong this past week and I have an exciting fishing report to give you. Here it goes:

Inshore: The flounder bite is slowly developing. We are definitely behind in this area. The redfish bite is full throttle. We are catching some very nice fish on the falling tide on chunk menhaden fished on a carolina rig.

Near shore: Very nice bluefish (some over 5 pounds) and spanish mackerel are biting near the inlets. You can catch them trolling and sometimes sight casting jigging spoons. Try the new Boone Needlefish jigging spoon available at Bug-Em Bait…910-452-9955. I know it sounds like a commercial, but they are for real and Bug-Em is the only place I know that has them. A few nice kings are being caught near the inlets on live poagies and very light tackle.

Offshore: The best action is mahi and good size too. Mahi in the 15-25 pound range are being caught at the 23 and WR4. King mackerel are biting in the 5 to 25 mile range.

Gulfstream: BIG mahi are being caught. Catch tuna at daybreak for about an hour and wahoo all day, but very deep.

I have too many great pics to show here right now, but will get more out on the sight www.rodmancharters.com as soon as possible. For now you can see some nice reds at http://www.rodmancharters.com/fishingreports/

Let’s Go Fishing!!!

Captain Rick Bennett
Rod-Man Charters
910-799-6120





Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny "FishinTopsail"


Everyone has to be somewhere ..... I'll be fishing!
Freedom isn't free! Someone has paid, for you and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment