Unhappy wirh DMF rules and the direction our fisheries are heading? Here is your chance to let your voice be heard. Attend ths meeting and let your objections be heard.
Proposed Rule Changes
- Add grandparents, grandchildren, and legal guardians to the list of immediate family members eligible to receive a transferred license.
- Codify the existing requirement of a certification statement from the transferee that affirms the information provided to the division is true and accurate.
- Allow an individual license holder to transfer the license to a business in which the license holder is also an owner.
- Allow a business that is dissolved to transfer a license to an individual owner of the business.
- Allow a business that is sold to transfer a license to the successor business at the time of sale.
- Allow a business to transfer a license back to an owner who is leaving the business, if the owner originally held the license as an individual.
- Restrict business transfers to corporations and limited liability companies.
- Define “owner” to include shareholder of a corporation and member of a limited liability company.
Till next time.....