Daily Bible Verse

June 11, 2007

Email from blog reader Mitchell

Big Reds!

Hello from Surf City!
Below is an email message I received from a blog reader.

Johnny

Great web site, its so nice to find good info from someone right here at home. Home for me is Duplin Co. Saturday night was pretty good we fish in the surf close to New Topsail Inlet and got a 2lb. blue and 2 reds 24 and 30in on cut mullet. The 30 inch bad boy was my first and I hope not the last. I need a good map or maps that cover from New River down to New Topsail do you have any suggestions where I might find them. The crazy bunch I fish with had me lost and themselves to I think on the way back. I sure am glad the channel markers reflect light. You could just mail me yours with all the good spots marked I want tell anyone.

Mitchell


All the maps of the backwaters that I have found don't include the waterway from New River to New Topsail Inlet. You will probably have to buy two, one from New Topsail Inlet to Surf City, and another from Surf City to New River. East Coast Sports has a nice selection of area maps. My favorite place to catch big fish is ....... (ready for this?).... in the mouth. Usually works for me! Mitchell, Thanks for your email and for reading my blog. You really didn't think I was giving up my good spots did you? Ok, I will tell you one. I like to fish Banks Channel from New Topsail Inlet to about Trout St. Good spots for flounder, reds, and specks. Fish the piers and boat docks.
PS.... MItchell, you do know that that 30 inch fish was too large to keep don't you? The slot is 18" to 27".

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny "FishinTopsail"


Everyone has to be somewhere ..... I'll be fishing!
Freedom isn't free! Someone has paid, for you and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment