Daily Bible Verse

December 30, 2006

What I Did, What I Heard

What I Did

I went out in the kayak today. I fished grass banks on the west side of the ICW. I caught five puppy drum from 17 to 22 inches. Released all. I was hoping to find some speckled trout, but they gave me the slip today. I caught the reds on a 1/16 oz jig and Berkley Gulp Shrimp (new penny). All were in relatively shallow water. I saw a nice speck caught in a creek mouth that was about 2 1/2 or 3 pounds. I think the bait was live minnows.

What I Heard

I heard that there were a couple of nice specks caught from the surf today along with a keeper flounder, don't know the size. I heard that Chuck, from East Coast Sports caught a nice speckled trout in the surf today. Good job Chuck. Also, a big sea mullet was beached before noon today on cut shrimp. I heard that a few small specks were caught from Surf City Pier in the AM.

And that's about the information I have today. I am thinking about giving surf fishing another try in the morning. The water temp is still hovering in the upper 50's, and I haven't given up on trout in the surf yet. Think I will take some fresh shrimp and give bottom fishing another try.

Is anyone getting live shrimp with cast nets now? I haven't seen any in a while. Are they all gone out or burried? Do they stay around all winter?

Till next time....
Tight Lines!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment