Daily Bible Verse

December 11, 2006

Trout Still Around, Along With......Mullet?

Got a report last evening that a few speckled trout were caught in the surf somewhere north of Surf City Pier. So the cold weather hasn't run all the specks off the beach. The trout were small, but they were keepers. I was out on the beach for a while yesterday in the am, I didn't get any trout, and only saw two anglers on the beach. I went out in the kayak after that. I didn't get any hits, didn't even see a mullet minnow. But I did collect some nice oysters and mussels for a delicious gas grill oyster roast for supper last night. Dipped them in butter and homemade coctail sauce. (ketchup, horseradish, texas pete) Had fried grits along with them. MMMMMM good.

Also heard of a big whiting caught in the surf on a piece of cut shrimp. That's encouraging. Black drum, sea mullet, and trout still in the water along with the toads (puffers). Better get down here and wet a line while the fish are still here.

Thanks to all the readers who sent emails and posted get well wishes on the message board during last weeks migraine. It's nice to know you all are concerned about my well-being. I sincerely appreciate your concern.


Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment