Daily Bible Verse

December 30, 2006

Specks at South Topsail

Just got back in from a two hour walk on the beach with Donna. Beachcombing, not fishing. There were several different groups of anglers, some bottom fishing, some throwing plugs or grubs. One was fishing with a carolina rigged shrimp, whole but not alive. I didn't see a fish. None of the anglers I talked to had caught fish or even had a bite. I talked to Mr. Nick who had fished at Surf City Pier about everyday this week, and caught small trout, a few keepers, all on grubs. He said that bottom anglers were catching a few sharks and rays. Got word from Tommy that an angler limited on speckled trout south of Jolly Rodger Pier at Topsail Beach early this morning. No word on size, but this time of year, I would settle for ten 13 inchers for supper. Don't have any information on anything inside at this time. I am expecting word from fishin bud Caro17. I think he had planned to head out this morning, and he usually lets me know what he catches. I talked to a guy this afternoon that has just bought a kayak at Herring's Outdoor Sports. Jason is taking her out for her maiden voyage right now. He has his fishing rod, and hopefully he will bring back something to brag about. If you have never ridden or fished from a kayak, you are missing one of my favorite experiences. Go by Herrings Outdoor Sports and talk to Steve or Jesse, and check them out. You can rent a kayak and try it out before you buy. I am sure you will enjoy the time on the water.

The sun is shining, and it's almost 70. Might be 70 by now. Donna and I started our walk wearing sweatshirts, but were down to short sleaves before the walk was finished. So, it appears that fishing is slowing, but what a wonderful day for a walk on the beach.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment