Daily Bible Verse

December 17, 2006

Sunday



I didn't fish today, but I did yesterday. I caught trout. Not many keepers, but I had fun catching trout all day. The single speck I caught Saturday morning early, and the others were caught later in the morning when friend Tommy and I were out south of Surf City Pier. The specks were biting all up and down the beach. I heard of specks being taken in the surf from New Topsail Inlet to New River Inlet. I can personally vouch for a dozen keepers caught south of Surf City Pier. Most of these were caught on grubs, but a few were caught on Rainbow MirrOlures. That's what I caught my keepers on. Except for one that bit a Berkley Gulp 3" Shrimp in the New Penny color. I tried bottom fishing for a couple of hours late in the afternoon, but didn't catch anything. I had planned to take out the kayak, but that didn't work out. I may go out tomorrow after the sun is up for a while. I have a few "honey holes" that I want to try for red drum. I am hearing that they are biting really well on the inside. Also the speckled trout are biting on the inside near the inlets, both north and south. I have a couple of pictures of yesterdays catch that I will post when I get them downloaded to my computer.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment