Daily Bible Verse

November 12, 2006

Speckled Trout Are in the Surf!
Expect More to Show Up As Water Gets Colder

Speckled trout are in the surf from Surf City Pier to the old Barnacle Bills. They are hitting most any MirrOlure, and they seem to be biting mostly before daylight, with a secondary run at dusk. I have seen several limit stringers which included some nice fish. There are still some puppy drum being caught, although specks and red action slowed somewhat for today due to the weather. The windy conditions made fishing tough and keeping a tight line was next to impossible. Close to 7:30pm this evening the wind changed, and the water calmed a bit, but by that time the tide was so low that there was not much water. Weather should be a little better tomorrow, although colder. But that's ok, after all, IT'S THE MIDDLE OF NOVEMBER! I tried but had no luck with some Berkley Gulp Saltwater 3" Shrimp, bought from East Coast Tackle, and the Berkley Gulp Saltwater 3" Swimming Mullet in new penny, which came from Herring's Outdoor Sports. Both local tackle shops which is where I buy all my fishing tackle, bait, and supplies. I support all the local tackle shops and bait stores, just doing my part to make sure they will be able to continue in business and be here when I need them. It is getting harder for them to compete with the super stores in the big cities. Other local stores that I shop at include Doug's Tackle, near Holly Ridge; Surf City Crab, and Thomas' Bait and Tackle. Please join me in supporting our local bait and tackle shops. I am still blank when it comes to keeper specks this year. I have tried everything except live shrimp, and I am just about ready to go get some. Oh, I almost forgot, get bloodworms for big, BIG whiting. Big two pounders are pouncing on bloodworms like they haven't eaten in weeks. Fill your coolers!

Till next time....
Tight Lines!
Johnny


21115