Daily Bible Verse

November 26, 2006

Michael and Richard Fishing Bonanza!


















Check out the whiting that my friend Richard caught. Two pounds and eleven ounces. And that was about three hours after it was caught. What a beautiful fish. The 18 inch fish was thought to be a puppy drum when it was first caught. And check out this stringer of trout. These guys can reel them in. These were caught in Surf City, in the surf. There were no tricks used to catch this stringer, just the love of fishing. Michael and his father in law Richard will come down Friday, and will be on the beach most of the time until they have to make the trip back home late Sunday. I am not sure if they even stop to eat. They are fishing when I get to the beach, and they are fishing when I leave the beach. This stringer is typical of most weekends with these guys. You have seen their work here before. This isn't the first stringer I have posted on the blog. Michaels catches include one of the most beautiful red drums I have ever seen, a slot beauty with fourteen spots! Ten on one side! I am sure this isn't the last stringer that I will post. As a matter of fact, the pictures he sent last week have been lost somewhere in cyberspace. Maybe I can find them and post them sometime. Congratulations guys on a job well done. Keep up the good work. I have heard from my friend Tommy, that Michael has been up to his tricks this weekend also. Tom says Michael caught a "bunch" of trout, and was throwing back "keepers" because he wanted the "big ones". Go Michael!

I talked to Steve at Herring's Outdoor Sports this afternoon, and he tells me that he has been getting reports of limits all up and down the beach. One HOT TROUT HOLE that I will give you a hint about is in Surf City, and you old timers will know what I am talking about! The hint is "Sunny Bee". That's all I can say. haha! My trout fishing bud's are about to string me up for talking too much about where the specks are biting. So if you want specifics, email me.

The black drum are still everywhere, and if you bait up a bottom rig, you are going to catch them. Most are not real big now, but they are plentiful. These fish don't have a lot of meat on them when they are small, but if you cook them whole and don't try to filet them, they are really good.

I haven't heard anything recently about fishing behind the island. If anyone has been fishing in Banks Channel, the ICW, Turkey Creek, or anywhere behind Topsail Island, or has any information, please email me so I can post it. Thanks in advance.

Until next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny