Daily Bible Verse

November 18, 2006

Saturday Morning

I didn't get a speck from Surf City Pier this morning, but I did see a couple of beauties caught on bottom rigs and cut shrimp. The water is muddy, and that may explain why the grubs and MirrOlures aren't working that well. All the rigs I saw had the red beads or red skirts. Maybe the color or the flash attracted the fish, maybe not. The spots are biting shrimp also. They are nice size, and are biting on the south side of the pier. It seems they were pushed in by a school of bottle nose dolphins. I caught a 13 inch flounder using a Gulp Swimming Mullet Chartreuse with the first cast this morning. FISH CANDY! But that was the last hit I had on the Gulp except for very small blue fish that kept biting the tails off my grubs. It is low tide now, and I am going back for a couple of hours after I put supper in the crock pot. I heard of some nice ones coming from the surf this morning, all up and down the beach at Surf City, and from the surf at North Topsail Beach. They are also biting around the inlets, north and south. MirrOlures in clear water, if you can find it, and live shrimp which are always good. I have been having great luck with the Berkley Gulp Swimming Mullet in Chartreuse color, even in dingy water, if I can keep the blues off it. I stopped by a couple of surf holes on the way home and saw another big speck being pulled in on a bottom rig. The angler said cut shrimp was the bait. Come and Get'um!!!

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny


21533