Daily Bible Verse

September 23, 2006

No Fish, Rough Surf, South Wind

I fished a bit in the surf today. The surf was very rough. I didn't get a bite. Tommy came over to the beach at low tide, and he found some fleas, they were in the waters edge at dead low tide and deep. He only found a few here, and a few there. Unusual, I usually find them farther up the beach. Donna and I went to the pier. Nothing going on there today either. There have been a few flounder the past few days, and a couple of black drum. We are still waiting for the wind to change to NE. I haven't seen or heard of a king or spanish in weeks. Still hoping for the trout as the water cools some more.

Slot size drum are still being caught in the shallow tidal creeks and flats off the ICW. Slow fished spinner baits, or Berkley Gulp Shrimp seems to be the best baits. I am starting to hear of a few being caught on live mullet and live shrimp.

Till next time...
Tight Lines!
Johnny