Daily Bible Verse

June 12, 2007

Spanish Everywhere!


Hello from Surf City!
Neighbor and fishin' bud Tommy fished today at Surf City Pier. Everyone that was casting diamond jigs were catching spanish. Most were on the small side, but there were some large ones. Big blues were filling the time between spanish. A good day on the pier. But the pier wasn't the only place the spanish were seen. I took a walk on the beach late this afternoon. There was one school after another of spanish. Most looked to be between 15 and 20 inches long, but some were bigger. I have never seen them jumping like this. You could see them cutting through the schools of bait fish in the surf. Lots of fish were jumping out of the water. Some on the "fly" and some jumped straight up out of the water. It was fun watching them. The surf casters were trying in vain to reach them. Wish I had taken my trout rod with 6 lb test with me on the walk. I could have reached them with that combo. Hopefully this blitz will continue. Go Gettum!

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny "FishinTopsail"


Everyone has to be somewhere ..... I'll be fishing!
Freedom isn't free! Someone has paid, for you and for me.

46088

No comments:

Post a Comment