Daily Bible Verse

November 29, 2006

Swamp Water

I went fishing today, all fishing, no catching. The water in the ocean looks like swamp water. Dark and murky, about the color of strong coffee. I have never seen the ocean water this bad. And the experts say the mighty Cape Fear will will not crest until sometime over the weekend. I am not sure if we will get the effects of the Cape Fear this far north, but I am afraid we will if the wind is out of the south. I haven't been to the north end of the island, but I have heard that the New River is where all this bad water is coming from. About the only fish coming out of the water today, that I have seen, are toads. But if you are a toad eater, the puffers I saw being caught were huge. The water is about 58 degrees. Still not too cool for specks. So we are just waiting for the water to clear a bit. It doesn't have to be perfectly clear, as we proved last week, catching plenty of specks in the murky, dingy water. So we aren't asking for perfect conditions, just a little better than they are now. So......
Until next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

UPDATE: I JUST GOT WORD FROM A FRIEND THAT IN THIS DIRTY WATER THAT A WHITE MIRROLURE IS CATCHING BIG SPECKLED TROUT. I DON'T HAVE THE NUMBER, BUT I WILL POST IT WHEN I GET IT. SUPPOSEDLY AN ANGLER CAUGHT HIS LIMIT THIS MORNING WITH A WHITE ONE, WHEN NO ONE ELSE COULD GET A BUMP.