Daily Bible Verse

May 22, 2011

Purple Martins and Chopper Blues

Check out our Facebook Message Board Over 400 members and growing!
Do you know the current North Carolina size and catch limits?
Find out here2011 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide

Hello from beautiful Topsail Island! How bout this post title. Actually, they have nothing to do with each other, I just thought I would include my new hobby in this fishing post. If you are a purple martin fan, check out my new purple martin blog. Topsail Beach Purple Martins. I am a new landlord and have birds hanging out in the colony. I am loving the experience.

Now on to the fishing report. There were huge chopper blues being caught everywhere yesterday. Many of the blues were over twenty inches! Folks on the piers, especially the end where the king anglers were. I had a report of a six pounder caught near the suds on a gotcha plug. Fifteen pound blues were not uncommon from the king anglers. They are catching them on all three piers. It's exciting to watch an angler pull in a four or five pound king on a gotcha plug! I got a report of a couple of limits of spanish from Surf City Ocean Pier. Better get out there! The sound and ICW are fat with reds and flounder. Big schools of reds are roaming the flats and hanging out in tidal creeks. According to reports I have recieved, Berkley gulp is the bait. Flounders are biting live bait fished on a carolina rig. If you don't have live bait, throw the Gulp. They should work as well. Pompano's are also in the surf. I have seen pomps over one pound, mostly caught on sand fleas, but fresh cut shrimp is working as well.

That's all I have time for right now, I will post new reports later as they come in.
The weather is beautiful on Topsail Island this morning. Why aren't you here?

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny
aka Fishin'Topsail

No comments:

Post a Comment