Daily Bible Verse

May 30, 2008

Mullet, Spots, and Blues

Hello from Surf City! Donna and I went to the surf today and were joined by friend Ben from Alamance County, NC. I didn't catch much, only a sea mullet, and a spot. Ben caught a couple of nice bluefish, and a couple of big sea mullets. And Donna, my sweet wife, out fished us again, landing 12 nice sea mullets. They were GOOD! We went to Batt's Grill and had them fry our fish for us. It's a pretty good deal, for only about five bucks, they well fry my dressed fish, and furnish two sides and tea. Donna had shrimp, which as usual were falling off the plate. I can't get sleepy tonight, so I probably won't get up early to fish in the morning. But hopefully, I can get out before it gets too late in the day. Shrimp was the bait for today. I found sand fleas, but the fish didn't want them today. I am hearing that blues and spanish are still biting from the piers, and now it seems the bite is on in the surf. I haven't heard from fishin' bud Jim lately, so I haven't heard anything about fishing on the inside. I am hearing that flounder are biting behind Lee Island, and behind Figure 8 Island. The surf was full of bait fish (glass minnows) today, we are seeing them more and more. In a week or so, the finger mullets should be there. The pelicans and gulls were getting their fill of bait today, and we saw something interesting that none of us have seen before. Read this carefully. A large pelican dives into the water, gets his catch and sits there on the water to swallow his prize. This sea gull landed on the pelican's back, EVERY TIME THE PELICAN WAS ON THE WATER! The situation was very humerous, and we were speculating the reason the gull was so interested in the pelican. We decided that maybe it was the gull had a mad crush on the pelican, and had love in mind. Or maybe the gull was just hungry, but we never saw the gull eating anything. Watching the pair kept us occupied until we would get a bite. Oh well, enough wondering. Writing this has put me to sleep. I hope it didn't put you to sleep as well!


Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny and Donna

Thank's for supporting our sponsors.


Shop the Clearance Department at Basspro.com


Ready for a great day fishing on the water? Check out our Charter Boat page.
Topsail Area Charter Boats

Ready to enjoy eating your catch? Impress your family and friends with recipes from our seafood recipe page.
Fishin Topsail's Seafood Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment