Daily Bible Verse

June 5, 2010

Fishing / Catching Reports

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2009 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide
Fishing / catching reports. Do you think fishermen lie bout there catch? NAW you know not. Here are the reports I have received. Lots of reds near the New Topsail Inlet. Some keeper flounder from all the piers. Large pompano on sand fleas. (fleas still hard to find, for me anyway) Large speckled trout way up in the New River. Now, here is what I know to be true. Huge chopper blue fish are coming over the rails at all TI fishing piers. Small mullets, mostly at night. Big ( 4 and 5 lbs) black drum. A few sheepshead. Couple keeper flounder. I witnessed the landing of several nice spots. Of course, there are the sharks and skates. In and around the ICW, I have personally seen nice black drum and lots of sheepsheads, at SC turning bridge and the HWY 172 bridge in Sneads Ferry. My fishin' buds and friends Caleb and Jonathon caught a bucket full of big sheepshead. Take the young kids to the Surf City park, tons of pinfish mean lots of fun for the kiddies. All in all, it ain't a bad time to be at Topsail Island! I really enjoyed fishing with brother Jesse, my Dad, and friend Ken at Jolly Roger Pier this week. Brother is back home in VA, Dad leaving in the morning. Last day to fish with him. Gotta go!

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny and Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment