Daily Bible Verse

May 7, 2010

Reader Update: Jolly Roger Pier

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2009 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide

Hello from Topsail Beach! I received this post from a JR fishing friend. This is what I am hearing from other sources also.


[quote]
Hey Johnny. Sunday eve after jigging (for blues) I caught a dozen keeper whitings and then about 9 or 10 they started getting small and I left. Monday AM I jigged blues, got limit then bottom fished and caught a dozen or more nice whiting up till about 1PM a little after high tide. It was fun catching them because I am not usually catching that many. I dropped a double keeper (whiting) on a peer snag. At least the two made it back to the water. They will have to be pals for awhile until the hooks rust out. Not sure if coming Sat eve. Won't know til then. Would only stay one day due to working monday. Down next weekend for sure. Hope you turn on big spanish.
[end quote]

Couldn't fish yesterday, chores. From what I heard, the big spanish are making a show at all three Topsail piers. Reports are they are long, but a bit skinny. That's the norm for me in the spring/early summer.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment