Daily Bible Verse

May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Redfish

Quick report!!

I spent most of Mother's day with my wife and family. However, since I had the Vantage in tow, I managed to slip away late afternoon for a couple of hours of fishing (the boat ramp is only 1 block from my mother-in-laws house). The wind was still blowing, but not as bad as Saturday.

I saw tailing Redfish on the Cape Fear Flats around Fort Fisher and a found a school of fish that had a big school of mullet pinned against the bank near Bald Head Island. I was able to get several takers on top water plugs just before dark. I also hooked a short Flounder on a jig tipped with a Gulp jerk shad. Lot's of bait in the water now and the fishing is definitely picking up.

Call and book today!!

Capt. Brent Stanley
Current Adventure Charters
910.200.9959

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2009 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment