Daily Bible Verse

April 10, 2008

Rod Man Charters Fishing Report

Hello from Surf City! Here is the Rod-Man's Charter fishing report.

[quote]
Hi Folks,
Everybody knows March went out like a lion and as yet it hasn't stopped roaring very much. High winds have hampered fishing effort and fish catching. The good news is it is still early and it looks like we are about to have a pretty good stretch of weather.
Now here's my report:

Inshore: Puppy drum and a few small flounder are biting on the low tide around the inlets, ICW and creeks. I haven't seen a black drum as yet, but they will surely show up soon....maybe on today's trip.

Near Shore: I have been "told" that the bonito are out at the liberty ship, but high wind and seas have thus far prevented me from seeing for myself. This may change as soon as tomorrow or Friday based on the wind predictions.

Offshore: No reports.

Gulfstream: No reports.

Just a word about my new boat: other than a few days of strong puppy drum fishing, the only thing I can make a strong statement about this year is my new fishing platform. My Nautic Star 24 Bay Boat from Chatlee Marine in Sanford is totally awesome. The 101 pound thrust Minn-Kota trolling motor has put me on the fish quietly and the Power Pole from Tex's Tackle is the greatest invention for inshore boating....possibly ever. Quietly approach the fishing ground and then push a button and you are anchored, securely and quietly. I can honestly say if you are an inshore fisherman, you need/want a Power Pole. You can see how one operates on my boat or drop by Tex's Tackle for a demo. In addition to these electronic marvels my boat has superior seating for comfort and safety and two large casting platforms, forward and aft.

That's all for this week. Until next time,

Let's Go Fishing !!!!
Capt. Rick Bennett
Rod-Man Charters
910-799-6120
[end quote]


Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny and Donna


Make a comment about this post or start a new discussion. Click on the link below and leave your comment on our message board.
Topsail Island Fishing Blog Message Board

Ready for a great day fishing on the water? Check out our Charter Boat page.
Topsail Area Charter Boats

No comments:

Post a Comment