Daily Bible Verse

March 19, 2007

Sea Mullets

I heard today, (although I didn't see them) that a few anglers have caught several nice sea mullets from Surf City Pier. Don't forget SC Pier opens March 30, and the first sea mullet caught wins a free 2007 season pass. Plan to be there. Jolly Rodger Pier, at Topsail Beach, is reporting sea mullets up to two pounds each. Also coming in are puffers, or toads, which some anglers hunt with a passion. They call the two fillets that run down each side of the puffers backbone "chicken of the sea." I have never tried them, but if I can catch a few, I will try them this year. I'll let you know. Also in the ocean now are sharks, and plenty of skates and stingrays. Some folks tell me that skate wings are delicious. "Taste like scallops." If I try skate wings, you will never hear about it! I couldn't take the hassle I would get from my fishing buds. Fishing on the inside has slowed a bit the last couple of days. But the flounder, reds, and occasional trout are still around if you can find them. (hint; deep holes for specks) Fishing is picking up. So get on down here and quench that angling thirst!

I have just became aware of an organization trying to save the fishing piers in the Carolinas. The North Carolina Fishing Pier Society is trying make folks aware that the fishing piers in the Carolinas are dissapearing. You can get information from their website, at www.ncfps.com. Or you can reach them at ncfps@ncfps.com Check it out and learn what we can do as individuals and members to save this vanishing resource. Thanks

Until next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment