Daily Bible Verse

May 6, 2009

It's that time...........Ticks!

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2008 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide



For all you outdoors men and women, you know about ticks. They have a way of getting on you, your children, your pets, etc. It's always traumatic to remove the ticks, especially for children. Here is a remedy for tick removal that my cousin, River Joe, uses when the ticks along the Deep River gets on River Joe or his family, which includes his beautiful lab dogs. He swears by this method, and I for one, will try it when I get a tick on one of my summer fishing get-aways. Thanks to Cuz River Joe for this tip.

[quote]
How to Remove a Tick

Spring is here and the ticks will soon be showing their heads. Here is a good way to get them off you, your children, or your pets. Give it a try.
Please forward to anyone with children... or hunters or dogs, or anyone who even steps outside in summer!!

A School Nurse has written the info below -- good enough to share -- And it really works!! I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best way to remove a tick. This is great, because it works in those places where it's some times difficult to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark hair, etc.

Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20), the tick will
come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away. This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me. Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging in any way. I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice because she had one stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used this method and immediately called me back to say, 'It worked!'

Please pass on. Everyone needs this helpful hint.
[end quote]

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny and Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment