Daily Bible Verse

October 16, 2007

KINGS!......KINGS!.......KINGS!..........KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello from Surf City! Kings have taken up residence at Surf City Pier. They pulled in 10 today, and (get this) 18 (yea 18) yesterday. At one time today there were 20 (twenty) boats trolling around the pier. Pompano are biting well, along with a few blues and spanish. Still no spots. Hopefully they will be here soon.

Donna and I fished the surf today, and caught a few. Two whiting (sea mullets), 5 pompano(a couple weighed almost a pound) and Donna pulled in a 16 1/2 inch flounder. Her first on a jig and gulp shrimp. I have a picture I will post later. She has caught flounder before, but mostly on bottom rigs. Except for one she caught in Banks Channel in Topsail Beach on a gotcha plug. She caught it after I tried to tell her how to fish the bait. She would throw out the gotcha and bring it back in with a slow steady retrieve. I told her she should be jerking the plug, and she promptly told me "Don't tell me how to fish!" Ain't that the way it goes?

Neighbor and fishin bud Tommy, has caught about a dozen keeper flounder this week, all from the surf, and most on a Gulp jerk shad.




Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

Fishin' Topsail's Favorite Links

Johnny Bob's Nascar News

Fishin' Topsail's Pictures

Freedom isn't free! Someone has paid, for you and for me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment