Daily Bible Verse

February 1, 2007

Slow

I haven't fished since last post. Donna's mom Ms. Lee is still in the hospital and migraines have been bad. I have heard that fishing in the surf is dead. Fishing in the inside has slowed a bit, although a few specks are still being caught in deep holes. Puppy drum, small ones, can sometimes be found in the early afternoons after the shallows have been warmed by the sun. I have had at least three dozen mud minnows in a cooler on the back porch for at least three weeks. I didn't know they would live that long. I read today that live shrimp can be kept alive out of water, if they are put on a cloth covered platform in a cooler with ice in the bottom. Article said they would live throughout the day as long as they didn't fall into the ice. Once they are removed and hooked they will become active in just a few seconds. This is the way I keep mud minnows in the summer time and it works well with them. I am going to try this technique with shrimp this summer.

Till next time....
Tight Lines!
Johnny


29053

No comments:

Post a Comment