Daily Bible Verse

November 11, 2009

Black Drum! Nice 'uns!

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2009 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide


Email from blog reader
[quote]

Let me start by saying that I read your blog every week to see what is going on fishing wise at Topsail Island. Although I currently live in Brunswick County, I do most of my fishing back in Topsail due to the fact that my family has a beach house there. Just wanted to send this picture of what my father, brother, and myself caught late Saturday evening in "a hole" right off the waterway. Got to the spot about 4 oclock Saturday and fished until about 5:15 or so with live shrimp, minnows, and cut shrimp. They didn't really do anything with the minnows but loved the shrimp. The two largest were just under 7 pounds and the smallest were not quiet 3 pounds. A lot of fun to catch. Kept them all that evening and dad cleaned them. Me and dad went back to the same spot Sunday morning to see if we could get a flounder or a red and the black's were still there and some reds bit as well. Released everything Sunday. Fun weekend.

Mark Benton


[end quote]

Great catch Mark! Thanks for sending the pic and email. Haven't had anything great to post recently. Thanks again.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment