Daily Bible Verse

April 20, 2009

Surf City Pier Update

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2008 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide

Hello from Topsail Beach. I fished Surf City Pier today with my fishin' bud Ken. We, or I should say he, caught a bunch of nice virginia mullets. I caught only two, they were nice, but only two. I was fishing about ten feet from Ken, and about ten feet from another friendly angler, (sorry can't remember his name) and both of them were reeling in the sea mullets. The anglers on both sides of me were on fire, hauling in the fish, and I only caught two. You would thing that one of those mullets would have strayed onto my bait, but not today. Fishin' bud Tim Willard cleaned a nice mess of fish he caught last night and this morning, than came back out and caught another bucket full. Everybody was catching fish. But it was a tough morning, with wind blowing out of the south west at 15 to 20 mph and gusting to 30 mph. I couldn't keep my hat on. Bit it was worth the trouble, and I will do it again tomorrow, Lord willing. I don't have a report from the other piers or surf. I will post when I hear something. I ran into my friend Yogi at the pier and got into a conversation about eating catfish. I love catfish, especially channel cats. Cut the fillets into bite size chunks, batter them and fry in hot oil. Serve them up with some home made tarter sauce, cole slaw, taters and hushpuppies! MMMMMMMM!

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny