Daily Bible Verse

December 5, 2008

SC Pier Trip

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2008 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide


Hello from Surf City!
The wind changed today and was coming out of the North East. I fished a bit today from the surf and from Surf City Pier. I saw small puffers, and a bunch of small black drum, We also caught dink trout, but no keepers. I even saw a spot caught on SC Pier. I thought they were all gone by now. There were a surprising number of anglers on the beach today, starting just north of SC pier and up past Surfside Mote, but I didn't see any keepers. It wasn't a bad day weather wise, we had a few really light sprinkles, more like a mist than rain, and was cloudy most of the day. The light wind wasn't real cold, and a sweatshirt is all I needed to stay comfortable. That's all I have for now. Stay tuned!

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny and Donna
Surf City, NC