Daily Bible Verse

June 3, 2005

Surf City Pier Fishing Report

SHEEPHEAD

Water is really muddy and full of seaweed following the storm. I saw several big sheephead landed, and 4 more that never made it into the net. There were some small blues, but not many and no spanish or kings. I only saw a couple of small mullet, about 6 to 8 inches long, and one giant pompano. It seems the only thing biting much was hogfish, about hand size.

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY.....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was using a 6 inch long live bait fish rigged with a slider rig, on my penn baitcasting reel and short, 5 foot, boat rod. The bait clicker on the reel screemed, and I flipped the switch to set the hook. The fish(?) took about 30 yards of line with the drag set strong, then the line snapped. Never saw it, don't know what it was, but must have been big to swallow a 6 inch live fish!

I may go out tonight, high tide is about 6 pm. Check in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment