Daily Bible Verse

June 6, 2005

55 lb Cobia

A 15 year old fisherman landed a 55 lb cobia on Surf City pier yesterday. The fish was longer than the young man who caught it. There were a couple of spanish caught from the end of the pier, along with several one to two pound blues. Spanish were caught early, just after first light. Blues bit off and on all day, mostly with gotcha plugs, but also on bottom rigs. I caught a few blues, a couple of croakers and a bunch of hog fish. My fishin bud Ken caught blues croakers and hog fish. Everything was on the small side. Weather was sunny and warm. Sea was calm. Winds out of south west.

The One That Got Away...Episode II, Attack of the Unseen Sea Monster.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It happened again. Reel screaming and bent double! Broken line. Didn't see the culprit. I was using a flounder setup with an ounce and a half egg sinker, baited with a spot head. I have added a 10 ft 30 lb shock leader to my penn bait caster. Maybe I'll get him next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment