Daily Bible Verse

February 4, 2009

Snow on Topsail, But NO Fish!

Bass Pro Shops Online!

Bass Pro Shops

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2008 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide
My Pottery Page



Hello from Surf City! OK, so we got more snow this morning. Not as much as last time, but snow it was. covered the ground before the sun came out, now it's all gone. Except for little groups of snowflakes hiding in corners and under steps. Haven't heard of any fish this week on Topsail. It's cold and windy on the beach. I haven't even seen anyone fishing. No one at Surf City Pier or Jolly Roger. We haven't seen many folks walking on the beach. Of course I am sure there are the hard cases, like Donna and I, that still get out there. I hear they [I say they because I am not one of the brave souls that venture out to fish in this freezing wind] are still catching reds from the surf up north. Not sure where, but I am getting some online reports from other websites. Also getting a few stripers at the Outer Banks and in the Cape River. There are still some type of bait fish in the water, not sure what they are but the birds were really busting the water yesterday just out past the breakers. The dark spot on the water [the bait fish school] stretched out for several hundred yards to the north and south. We couldn't see the end of the school to the south. It looked like they stretched out all the way to Surf City Pier. Hope to get out soon and see some fishing buds. That's all for now.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny and Donna