Daily Bible Verse

January 1, 2009

Red's, Specks, and Dolphin Dip

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2008 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide


Hello from Surf City! Happy new year! Thanks for all your support last year with the message board and the blog. www.fishintopsail.com
The speckled trout are still in the water and it's cold!!! Water temp 53*, air temp 44* at noon. Water temp is still above 50, so the reds and the speckled trout will still be out there. I've seen mostly dink specks, but there have been some good ones, three to four pounds. Also some slot reds on mirro-lures. I am hearing purple, and pink, don't know the numbers. I might be down at New Topsail Inlet in Topsail Beach on Saturday. I am in a black Chevy Blazer. See you on the beach! Good luck!
Dolphin Dip at Surf City...... My brave wife Donna swam in the Dolphin Dip fund raiser at Surf City today at noon. BRRRRRRRR!! There seemed to be several hundred swimmers, along with at least that many on-lookers. I feel guilty for not swimming with her. I guess I will have to give it a go next new years. Johnny' aka "FishinTopsail"