Daily Bible Verse

February 23, 2008

Toads? Puffers? It's About Time!


Hello from Surf City!
Checking my notes for last year, and it's about time for the puffer toad fish to start biting. This not so pleasant looking critter is actually very tasty. I finally broke down last year, and tried some after a Surf City Pier angler helped me clean my first batch of puffers.

Split the skin just along the backbone. Place your fingers into the slit and pull gently away from the flesh. There are two firm white filets on either side of the spine. Using a spoon or your fingers, scoop out the filets, rinse, and discard the carcus. It's that easy. Caution, the innards of this fish is rank. So if I accidently burst or cut any of the innards, I throw away everything.

Don't forget, Surf City Pier opens March 19 at 6am. And remember the first sea mullet wins a 2008 season pass!


Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny and Donna


Care to make a comment about this post or start a new discussion? Click on the link below and leave a comment on our message board.
Topsail Island Fishing Blog Message Board

No comments:

Post a Comment