Daily Bible Verse

August 7, 2006

Monday night

I finally felt like getting out of the house, so I went fishing this evening. Donna and I went over to the beach beside the old Barnacle Bills Pier. I caught sand fleas which were plentiful, although most were on the small side. There was virtually no undertow, and the bait stayed pretty much where I threw it. The tide was almost full high. The water was really clear except right in the surf where the waves turned over where it was a little muddy. I varied my casting distance trying to find fish, but the only thing I could find was pinfish, I am guessing, that would strip my flea leaving nothing but the shell in about five minutes, and I never saw a bite. I never landed anything. I didn't go to the pier, (Surf City) but I could see it from where I was fishing, and there was not many anglers there. The kayakers I have talked to haven't caught anything yet either.

A subscriber, Trent, and his family are on the island from Greensboro, NC this week. I hope Trent is having better luck than I had today. Good Luck.

Till next time.....
Tight Lines!
Johnny