Daily Bible Verse

May 28, 2007

As you may know, my mother-in-law Bernice, known locally as Ms. Lee, has been in the hospital for two weeks now, and I haven't been fishing is SOOOOO LONG! Just talked to Vinita at Surf City Pier and GOOD NEWS! The fish are biting! Well not all the fish, but blues, spanish and pompano (big pompano) are all biting well. The first king of the year was caught yesterday (17 lbs), and a cobia was caught today. I think it was about 30 lbs, but I can't really remember what she said. Bottom fishing isn't so good, but hopefully that will get better soon. I have talked to a couple of kayakers, they said they had no luck throwing beetle spins and gulp grubs. I talked to a surf fisherman today, and he said that he still can't find any sand fleas. They should be here by now, or so I thought, so maybe they will show up soon. I am hearing of the occasional sea mullet, puppy drum, and black drum being pulled up from the surf, so it's not a total waste to get out there. Of course my philosophy is fishing is better than work anytime, even if there is nothing biting.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny "FishinTopsail"


Everyone has to be somewhere ..... I'll be fishing!
Freedom isn't free! Someone has paid, for you and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment