Daily Bible Verse

November 20, 2010

Topsail Whiting Update

2010 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide

Click on the comments button at the bottom of the post to make or read comments on this post.

Hi folks, those old agravating migraines have kept me off the beach and internet recently, so I can't give you a first hand report. I have gotten several emails that report lots of whiting being caught in the surf. No mention was made of bait, buy I am assuming it's the same; fresh shrimp, sand fleas, or bloodworms. Donna talked to an angler that said he had caught over 90 keeper whiting in the surf. Wouldn't give up his hot spot. There seem to be lots of speckled trout in the surf right now, but most are undersize. Remember the new size limit of 14 inches. Flounder continue to bite well. Live finger mullets or live shrimp are performing best, but they can also be caught with cut blue fish or gulp. I have even had reports of catches on regular plastic grubs fished on a lead head jig. The weather is good, water temps are mid 60's, so the fish should be out there. Go get 'em and send us a fishing report. We want to know how you are doing.

I am hoping to get out to fish in the next few days, God willing. I will post reports as I get them. Thanks for your loyalty, it is much appreciated.

Till next time...
Tight lines!
Johnny

Find us on Facebook!  Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment