Daily Bible Verse

October 7, 2009

SC Pier Report

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2009 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide

My friend Ken and I fished Surf City Pier today, and although we didn't catch much, we saw a lot of nice fish being cleaned and in coolers. The spanish ran all day, off and on. I heard of one 10 fish limit, and saw another 9 fish creel of good two to four pound fish! There were several keeper flounder today on live mullet and live shrimp. Bloodworms caught some nice spots, (yellow bellies) but there hadn't been a lot of them as we left about 8:30 pm. It seemed you had to be there all day to get respectable numbers of anything. I caught my first puffer of the fall season, and would have kept it if there had been enough for supper. But the one is all I caught. Again, bait was plentiful in the water most of the day. Several netters said they had filled their freezers with bait this week. We saw lots of yellow butterflies coming ashore today. You know the old timers say when they show up, the big fall yellow belly spots are right behind them. If I got my weather report right this evening, we should have NE wind Tomorrow, and that should bring the spots in. There were lots of big pompano, citation size, caught in the surf today, mostly on fleas fished right on the sandbar.

Sea View and Jolly Roger piers report much the same as Surf City. I haven't heard of many trout coming from the surf or piers this week, water is still a bit warm for the schools of specks to show up. Shouldn't be too long now.

My fishing bud and friend Caleb caught a nice over slot red at the inlet, and his friend (sorry dude, I can't remember your name..... old age I guess) caught a pretty 25 incher. The guys are going after flounder tonight, I'll post the results tomorrow.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment