Daily Bible Verse

October 9, 2009

Huge Spots at Jolly Roger Pier

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2009 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide

Donna and I walked to Jolly Roger Pier tonight. At about 8 pm, the spots were being caught two at a time by many anglers. One family we talked to said they had caught 28 fish in the last 30 minutes. And they were nice, big yellow bellies. The wind is not "right", and is coming out of the south. I can't recall seeing this happen before. Almost all of my experiences have been northeast wind when the big spots are biting in the fall and early winter. But anyway, they are biting tonight. I don't know about the other piers or the surf. We are planning a trip to the inlet in the morning. Maybe the bite will continue. I'll let you know when we return home. To anyone else fishing in the morning, good luck to you. See you on the beach!

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny and Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment