Daily Bible Verse

July 22, 2009

Off Shore King Mackerel

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2009 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide

Hello from Topsail Beach! I received an invitation to go offshore fishing with friends Caleb and Jonathon in Jonathon's boat. We left out Monday morning about 8am with our partner boat for the day owned by our friends Don and his son Donny, along with a couple more guys. To my new friends that fished with my friends Don and his son Donny, I enjoyed meeting and talking with you. I apologize, but your names escape me at the moment. We had a wonderful day on the water. Weather was beautiful, overcast just a bit, so not to hot. There were fronts visible but all were going away from our location. We trolled just a short bit before hooking up with a nice barracuda. I had the privilege of fighting the 15 pounder and bringing it to the boat, and releasing the beauty alive. Did I mention this was my first barracuda? After a short time, we hooked up again, and my friends insisted I fight this one also. It was a glorious fight, finally resulting in a 12 to 15 lb king. This also was my first king. Later we moved on to a spot, (I couldn't say where. LOL) and bottom fished where we caught black sea bass, grouper, and grunts. There was some beautiful scenery. Water was wonderfully clear, and we saw many jellies, all kinds of bait fish, and a huge king almost kissing our boat while we were bottom fishing! As you may know, most of my fishing is done locally in the surf and piers. So this trip was a real treat for me. The trip also made me realize my limitations, being these guys wore me out! I am sore from the tips of my fingers to the ends of my toes, but the experience was well worth the little bit of suffering. Oh, one more thing...... I DIDN'T GET SEA SICK!!!!!!!

My picture software is down, so I will post pictures when (if) I can.

Thanks again to my good friends Caleb, Jonathon, and Don for a wonderful day on the water.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment