Daily Bible Verse

June 14, 2009

Catching Sharks!

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2009 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide

Hello from Topsail Beach, North Carolina! I have just had a cyber conversation with a friend about catching sharks. He feels much the same as me about sharks. Here is my response to his last email.

[quote]
"Catching sharks, sometimes rather annoying, can be a real blast of fun at the right time. Fishing with someone you love is the right time. I hate catching them when I am looking for table fare, but when I am fishing with one or more of my grandchildren, it's just the best! They love pulling them in! Congratulations on a good weekend of fishing. If you really want to eat some fish, the local fish market has plenty of them."
[end quote]

Beautiful sunny day at Topsail Beach today. Not much breeze during the day, and high humidity. I know, what's new bout that? Nothing, that's just the way it is when you live at the coast. We had a nice rain this afternoon, cooling everything off and making a nice day. Not much going on fishing. I am reading and hearing reports of some good catches inside, but slow from the piers and surf. Personally, I have only caught a couple of small mullets the last few days. I'm not saying the reports I have read are false, just that I haven't seen any fish caught personally. Wish I had a better fishing report, but the "life" report is good. It's great to be alive, and Donna and I are so blessed to live on this great island!

Till next time....
tight lines!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment