Daily Bible Verse

March 15, 2009

Rainy and Windy Weekend

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2008 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide


Hello from Topsail Beach! I am glad to have met one of our readers this weekend. Elijah Varner came down for a weekend of fishing at Jolly Roger Pier. Elijah and his fiance, I am embarrassed that I can't remember her name, stayed at Jolly Roger Motel. We met Friday morning for a few hours of fishing. The weather wouldn't cooperate with us, but it was nice to have a line in the water. I had a migraine Saturday, and didn't get to fish, but Elijah caught some sharks from the surf and pier. No mullets yet, but Elijah saw a nice 14 inch gray trout brought over the rail at the pier. I really enjoyed meeting Elijah who seems to me a fine young man who really loves fishing. Thanks to Elijah for asking me to fish with him. Maybe next time, we can find the fish.

Till next time....
tight lines!
Johnny