Daily Bible Verse

January 31, 2009

BRRRRR! It's cold!

Fishing Topsail Message Board
Topsail Area Charter Boats
2008 NC Recreational Coastal Waters Guide


Hello from Surf City! Water temp on the beach is now below 50* at 48*. The specks may still be here in spots, but I haven't seen any or talked to anyone who has caught any. I am hearing there are still a few inside, and the ones being caught are small. I am hearing this is the coldest winter in years, and I surely believe it. The wind just cuts through us when we are walking on the beach. Nothing biting, and it's cold on these old bones, so I am getting my reels and rods ready for spring with winter cleaning and guide replacement. Fresh line will go on most, although I think i will leave some backing on most reels and go for topshot of a better quality line, maybe braid. Just a thought, as I haven't used braid since the early 80's and my largemouth bass fishing days. I know it has changed a lot since those times. I don't get to fish for the bucket mouth bass often, but I may try to get to a freshwater lake or maybe hit the New River upstream from J'ville. Donna and I are moving to some new digs late Feb, a larger place in Topsail Beach. I am looking forward to the move, as I will have surf access as well as sound access via Banks Channel, both within walking distance. I will be busy moving, but if I hear something fantastic, like a 20 lb striper in the surf here at Topsail, I will post it. Good luck in the off season. God Bless you all and thanks for making 2008 a great year at fishintopsail.com.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny and Donna