Daily Bible Verse

June 16, 2008

Huge Schools of Redfish around Topsail-Current Adventure Charters

I hit the water at 0530 Sunday morning to do a little pre-fishing for upcoming charters this week. The wind was calm, and the water was like a mirror. The first place I stopped, I had to search a little, but I was rewarded by finding a school of Redfish holding tight in a cove. These fish were schooled tight and willing to eat a top water plug. The first fish that I caught was a hefty 6.5lb upper slot fish. I felt like a kid in a candy store watching these fish wake around in the shallow water. I slipped my anchor into the water and proceeded to catch a couple more before easing out and leaving them alone.

Afterwards, I went searching for some more fish. I decided to check out a spot that I had looked at many times before, but had never found fish. Well today would be different. I spent quite a while in this location before I finally found the school, but when I did, it was on. There had to be at least 200 fish in this school, maybe more. Once again I caught a few fish, then slipped away quietly, leaving them in peace. Hopefully to will hold tight for this weeks upcoming charters.

There is a lot of great top water action to be had, so call and book your trip today!!!

Tight lines!!!

Capt. Brent


Thank's for supporting our sponsors.


Shop the Clearance Department at Basspro.com


Ready for a great day fishing on the water? Check out our Charter Boat page.
Topsail Area Charter Boats

Ready to enjoy eating your catch? Impress your family and friends with recipes from our seafood recipe page.
Fishin Topsail's Seafood Recipes