Daily Bible Verse

May 14, 2008

BIG BLUES IN THE SURF!

Hello from Surf City! Donna and I walked out to the beach today. We saw a huge blue caught on a carolina rig and cut bait. I think it was at least five pounds, maybe six. I have been hearing about the large "chopper" blues for weeks now. Mostly from the island's three piers. This one put up a good fight. I hope to get out there soon. I am recuperating from oral surgery, so I can't be out in the wind until my mouth heals. Surf City Pier is reporting lots of blues and some spanish on gotcha plugs. Check out their website for pictures. Sea View Pier reports some really big Hatteras chopper blues caught by the king anglers at the end of the pier, along with some nice spanish on gotchas. Likewise for Jolly Roger Pier in Topsail Beach. All piers are catching blues during the day, and black drum and mullets at night. Fishing is picking up. Come on down and gettum!

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny and Donna


Outdoorsman Fishing Patches - Catch and Release



Shop the Clearance Department at Basspro.com


Ready for a great day fishing on the water? Check out our Charter Boat page.
Topsail Area Charter Boats

85208

No comments:

Post a Comment