Daily Bible Verse

April 10, 2008

Huge Whiting, A Tasty Treat!

Hello from Surf City! A big Fishin' Topsail thanks to Charlie Snyder, a local Surf City angler for the whiting he gave me for lunch. Donna and I were at Batt's Grill for lunch, and I was staring at the double cheeseburger on my plate, kind of wishing I had ordered some flounder, or shrimp, or maybe anything but the cheeseburger, when Mr. Snyder offered a couple of deep fried whiting that was left from their lunch. I quickly accepted, before someone else laid claim to the tasty fish. I have to tell you they were delicious! And my dogs enjoyed the remainder of the cheeseburger. Mr. Snyder said he caught the whiting on sand fleas. Now I was not surprised that the whiting bit the fleas, but I was kind of surprised that Mr. Snyder found sand fleas. With the bulldozing that is going on at our beach, I figured all the fleas were gone. I know I haven't found any. Mr. Snyder caught the whiting in the breakers, but I won't divulge his exact location out of respect for an anglers "honey hole". When Donna and I left Batt's Grill, we went straight to Surf City Crab and bought a pound of nice plump shrimp just in case I don't find the fleas. I will give surf fishing a try in the morning. Check back in the morning for the results.


Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny and Donna


Make a comment about this post or start a new discussion. Click on the link below and leave your comment on our message board.
Topsail Island Fishing Blog Message Board

Ready for a great day fishing on the water? Check out our Charter Boat page.
Topsail Area Charter Boats

No comments:

Post a Comment