Daily Bible Verse

February 13, 2008

Speckled Trout and Black Drum

Hello from Surf City! I was beginning to believe that I wasn't going to be able to report another speckled trout unitl Spring. But there was a nice one caught in Banks Channel Tuesday afternoon. Looked to be about 18 inches or more. Like I said, a nice one. The speck bit on a Berkley Gulp swimming mullet, chartreuse color. Also there have been black drum caught right beside the Army Corps Pier where the dredge docks. Shrimp and cut mullet seems to be the bait of choice.

I have updated the pictures page. Check it out. Also I have added a page for fishing humor. Send in your jokes and fish tales.

Just a note thanking everyone for supporting the blog by clicking on my sponser links.

Spring is just around the corner!


Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

Topsail Island Fishing Blog Message Board

No comments:

Post a Comment