Daily Bible Verse

February 13, 2008

Rod-Man Fishing Charters Fishing Report

Hello from Surf City!
I just received this fishing report from Capt. Rick Bennet of Rod-Man Charters.

(quote)
Hi Folks,
Just a few notes to keep everyone informed. While I am still waiting for my new boat, we have had some great speckled trout fishing this winter....of course. Bottom fishing off the beach has brought in nice catches of sea bass and grouper.
But, best of all, spring fishing is just around the corner and I am schedule to take delivery of my new Nautic Star next week. Hopefully it will take only a week to ten days to rig and then splash...I'm on the water again.

Since my last report I have been to the Raleigh and Richmond Fishing Expos and met a lot of new friends. Also we had our Rod-Man Fishing School in Raleigh and it was very well attended and received. If you are interested. we have plenty of seats left for the Wilmington School March 1. You can find the details at http://www.rodmancharters.com/2008-annual-fishing-school.htm

I'll be going to the International Rod Builders Show in High Point next week. I'll have a chance to pick up some of the latest blanks and components and learn some new techniques. If you are interested in learning how to build your own rods, see my website for classes or contact me for details.

I am already booking several charters for 2008. I am looking forward to a great fishing season with my new boat. Hope to see many of you during the season.

Now is a good time to make sure your gear is in its best working condition. For your reels I am still a big Berkley Fireline fan, but for throwing artificials Spiderwire Ultracast is awesome. And I still think Okuma is the best reel on the market for the money. Lastly, be sure to stock up on GulpSW or Gulp Alive.

Until then....

Let's Go Fishing!!!
Capt. Rick Bennett
Rod-Man Charters
1-888-5RODMAN
(end quote)

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

Topsail Island Fishing Blog Message Board

No comments:

Post a Comment