Daily Bible Verse

November 7, 2007

Rod-Man Report November 7, 2007

Hello from Surf City!
Rod-Man Report November 7, 2007



Hi Folks, fall fishing is definitely here! Weather has been an issue on some days, mainly wind and fronts, but that is to be expected. We have seen the start of the trout bite and that should only improve, especially after this cold snap. Live bait is hard to find, but no worries. Recently, I had a trip without live bait and we went up a creek and used GULP SW shrimp in New Penny color on ¼ ounce jigs. We caught reds and flounder (see the pics below or on my website under this week’s fishing report.

Now here’s my report:

Rod-Man Report November 7, 2007

Inshore: Trout are biting. GULP, mirrolures, live bait if you can find it; all are catching trout. Best bites have been very early in the morning and at high and low tides. Reds have been spotty this week, but this is the time of year when they move to the ocean and patrol the beaches. Still catching some flounder. Blues (big ones) are biting in the inlets.

Near Shore: Bluefish are just about everywhere. Albacore are on the beaches balling bait. Look for the birds. Still some gray trout around when you can find a calm day.

Offshore: This may be the best year for kings in close in many, many years. Grouper are biting at 10 miles.

Gulfstream: It has been hard to get out to the stream due to winds, but one report coming in noted a good catch of wahoo and kings.

Of interest: The Rod-Man Fishing School is just around the corner. Seating is limited so don’t be left out.

I have said it before and I’ll say it again: try some GULP SW on jigs and catch fish without having to mess with live bait.

Okuma VS reels continue to impress me and my customers. Recently, two customers went fishing with me wearing Okuma hats…now I have to find out where I can get one.

I may be looking for a new boat (wife says I’m never satisfied) this winter. I will be looking at Chatlee Boat and Marine in Sanford. If you are interested in a good custom rigged Sea Pro Bay Boat, contact me.

Let’s Go Fishing!!!

Capt. Rick Bennett
Rod-Man Charters
910-799-6120


Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

Fishin' Topsail's Topsail Island Fishing Blog Message Board

Fishin' Topsail's Favorite Links

Fishin' Topsail's Pictures

Freedom isn't free! Someone has paid, for you and for me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment