Daily Bible Verse

November 21, 2007

Rod-Man Fishing Report

Hello from Surf City!

(quote)
Hi Folks; with this report I send a heart felt thanks to all of you who have made 2007 a wonderful year for me. Relatively speaking, it has been a tough year for fishing. The fish have been uncooperative at times and the weather has been the worst I have seen. Nevertheless, we have come through the season intact. For that I am thankful. I hope all of you have many things to be thankful for this holiday season.

Recent fishing has been pretty darn good. We have been catching albacore near the inlets, trout in the creeks and as recent as 3 days ago we caught seven flounder. Bluefish are thick and MOST of the pinfish have gone to wherever it is they go when the water cools.

Now here’s my report:

Inshore: The best bite has been on trout and some surprising flounder. We have found both these fish in the creeks and the channels. Catch them on GULP or live shrimp. Black drum are hitting fresh shrimp and the whiting bite is happening in the river.

Near Shore: False albacore are biting anywhere from just outside the inlets to 10 miles out. They are lots of fun on light spin tackle and will hit a casting spoon retrieved fast. Bluefish are all over the beach and inlet mouths. Many are running 3+ pounds. Be sure to check out my new False Albacore video at http://www.rodmancharters.com/fishing_videos.htm

Offshore: Bottom fishing has been very good with grouper being caught within 10 miles. Kings are biting from 20 miles on out.

Gulfstream: I have received reports of very good wahoo fishing. Blackfin tuna have been a steady bite. Kings and bonito round out the action in the stream.

It’s time to thank my sponsors. Berkley, makers of Fireline and Gulp, just to mention some of their fine products; Chatlee Marine; Okuma; Bug-Em Bait; Bass Assassin (some of the best jig heads in the business); Minn Kota trolling motors and of course my wife who puts up with me. Folks, I don’t just use these companies’ products because they are free or discounted. I use them because I believe they are the best. Try their products and I think you will agree.

Just a word on this year’s fishing schools: folks we have the best line up of speakers we have ever had, with loads of new and interesting information. Add to that lots of quality door prizes, free charters and catered lunches and I think we have the best fishing schools in NC. Check out the details at http://www.rodmancharters.com/2008-annual-fishing-school.htm. And you can see a recap of last year’s school in the video library.



Happy Holiday!!!

Capt. Rick Bennett
Rod-Man Charters
910-799-6120

(end quote}


Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

Fishin' Topsail's Topsail Island Fishing Blog Message Board

Fishin' Topsail's Favorite Links

Fishin' Topsail's Pictures

Freedom isn't free! Someone has paid, for you and for me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment