Daily Bible Verse

October 17, 2007

Sea Sick Land Lubber!

Hello from Surf City!
This past Saturday, I was honored to go for my first offshore fishing trip (except for headboats) with my fishing bud Topsail Angler. We were targeting king mackerel, by slow trolling pogies. For the first three hours, I was fine, loving the experience, and learning about the teamwork that is involved in trolling a spread of baits. Then without warning, I got really seasick and began "chumming" about every 5 minutes. Mike offered to take me back in if I wanted to go, but I kept hoping the nausea would fade as the water calmed. Well, it didn't, instead getting steadily worse. We managed to hook five or six kings, but unfortunately we didn't boat a single fish. We had a bait on a short line in the prop wash, and we watched as a big king stalked the pogie and then attacked it ferociously. What an awesome experience that was. As much as I was enjoying the experience, I finally admitted defeat, and ask Mike to take me in. I thank Mike for taking me out and allowing me this experience. Check out Mikes Topsail Angler fishng column in the Topsail Advertiser weekly newspaper, or online at http://www.topsailangler.com/

After this experience, I am thinking about changing my screen name from FishinTopsail to "Land Lubber".




Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

Fishin' Topsail's Favorite Links

Johnny Bob's Nascar News

Fishin' Topsail's Pictures

Freedom isn't free! Someone has paid, for you and for me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment