Daily Bible Verse

March 28, 2007

Afternoon at the Pier

Neighbor Tommy and I spent the afternoon on Surf City Pier today. There were some big sea mullets being caught, along with puffers, skates, and even a couple of small spots. The mullets were really big for this time of year. Most of the toads were large and made Big Tim really happy. Tim loves toads and was one of the guys I would give puffers to before I had a sample of this fine tasting fish. I didn't keep the ones I caught today, but I just wasn't up to cleaning them. This week at the pier, there was a 2lb 13 oz speckled trout caught on a bottom rig and cut shrimp by Mr. Nick. Sea mullets have been biting all week long. At Sea View Pier, there is more of the same. Big sea mullets, big puffers, and big black drum are coming up most every day. Last night a few small red drum were caught. Fishing is getting good. Don't forget about the official opening of Surf City Pier Friday March 30 at 6 am. First mullet wins a free 2007 season pass. The way they have been biting recently, I don't think it will be very long after 6 when the first mullet is caught. See you there.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment