Daily Bible Verse

December 25, 2006

Wonderful Christmas Day, But Not for Fishing

Christmas is always a wonderful day, celebrating the birth of Jesus. But the weather today was anything but wonderful at Topsail Island and Surf City. Windy with gale warnings and bands of heavy rain throughout the day, and surf breaking eight or nine hundred feet from shore. Not ideal conditions for fishing. Not even ideal conditions for ducks! The couple of times I went out and looked at the surf, there weren't even any surfers out in the ocean. Now, if it's too rough for Surf City surfers, it's rough. The rain is supposed to stop tonight, but it will still be windy tomorrow and tomorrow night. Wednesday hopefully, will be a better fishing day. Maybe the speckled trout will still be around. I am not finished catching trout this year. I try not to be greedy, but I just love them. I don't take more than a couple a day when I fish, if I catch any. On occasion I will keep my limit, but not often. We will see if the specks are still out there as soon as the weather clears. Dad is here and we will be hitting the beach, or maybe the pier, as quick as the wind and rain will cooperate.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment